Onofre is the former Attorney General of the State of Minas Gerais, where he was also Chief Prosecutor in the Tax Collection Department; Regional Prosecutor of the State; Director of the Center of Studies of AGE, a member of the Advisory Board of the General Prosecutors School – CONPEG and the Board of Trustees of Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de MG – FAPEMIG. He is a Scientific Director of the Associação Brasileira de Direito Tributário – ABRADT and was also Diretor and Tax Auditorwith the State of Minas Gerais.
He is and associate professor of Public Law with the Graduate, Masters and Doctorate department of the Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (UFMG). He was a Professor of Tax Law at PUC/Minas, UNA and Faculdades Pitagoras, as well as with the Post Graduation course in Tax Law at Faculdades Milton Campos and IEC/PUC/Minas. He is the author/organizer of more than 25 books and has written more than 80 articles in technical magazines.
- Law Degree from Faculdade de Direito Milton Campos
- Degree in Administration and Civil Engineering from Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (UFMG)
- Master of Legal-Political Sciences from the Faculdade de Direito da Universidade de Lisboa
- Doctor in Tax Law from the Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (UFMG)
- Holds a Post-Doctorate Degree in Democracy and Human Rights from the Faculdade de Direito da Universidade de Coimbra